Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring Equinox / Ostara

Spring Equinox
Ostara



Yesterday, we celebrated
The Spring Equinox/Ostara, or
 better known as the First Day of Spring!

Spring is a time for celebration. It's the
time of year when we can get out of the 
house and enjoy the fresh air, smells 
and beauty that comes with Spring.

It's a time when we begin our planting and
reconnecting with Mother Earth after a 
long and cold winter. It's a time
for rebirth, renewal and regrowth.




How did you celebrate Spring Equinox/ Ostara?


It was another beautiful day with a
temperature of 84 degrees.


I started out by making a birds nest
materials bag. I used the mesh bag
that my onions came in.  I then filled
the bag with dryer lint, hair from our
hairbrushes and I was finally able
to use all of the scrap yarn pieces
from left over crochet projects.


I crocheted a chain into the mesh bag
to secure it shut, then wrapped the
chain around a nice and thick
tree branch and secured it once more.


Now my feathered friends have a
nice variety of building materials
for building their new nests
this Spring.


Perhaps I'll see my scrap yarn
built into one of the birds nests
during one of my walks.
How wonderful that would be to
know that I had a part in helping
to create a safe and cozy nest for
the new bird family.




After I hung the new bird nest
material bag, I took a little stroll
along the side of my house.



I love this tree!


My Rose Bush


Ahh, I see that the squirrel
has discovered the peanut 
that I left for him. 


Just Beautiful!




I've always loved these. Most people
call them weeds, but they're still pretty!


These were always my number one
favorite weed since I was little.


Yesterday, there was only one 
Grape Hyacinth in bloom,
now look at all these new blooms!


I'm not sure of the name of these adorable 
little flowers. They are white with a pink
lines and tint all around the petals.


Now, it's time to take a nice country drive!



 Driving out of our small town.
Look how pretty the tree is.


These are the most beautiful trees!


The farmers are working on their farms


Looks like this farmer is getting a head start
with his fields!


Driving past the creek!


This driveway is lined with
all of the beautiful white trees.



Here's an old one room School House!


Life is coming back!!




How beautiful these trees are!


The horses were out grazing in their fields!


These umbrella shaped trees are adorable!

That concludes today's tour!
Thanks for joining me!
See you next time!!

Ciao Ciao






No comments:

Post a Comment